Craig has delivered over 100 training sessions at conferences, on INSET days and as twilights in the last 3 years. Training sessions are tailored to suit each client's requirements so half-day sessions can be delivered as twilights and vice versa.
Craig has 4 courses which will be taking place remotely via Zoom in the near future. The cost of places will be £80 per delegate on each course. The courses are:
1) Successful Subject Leadership 2021/22 - impact and improvement in your curriculum
Zoom version - Thursday 23rd September 2021 - 3.30 to 5.30 p.m.
Face-to-face version - Friday 15th October 2021 - 9.30 to 11.30 at West Wakefield Methodist Church
This course is suitable for all subject leaders.
2) Pupil Premium 2021/22 - supporting and succeeding with disadvantaged pupils and families
Face-to-face version - Friday 24th September 2021 - 9.30 to 11.30 a.m. at West Wakefield Methodist Church
Zoom version - Friday 24th September 2021 - 1.30 to 3.30 p.m.
This course is suitable for senior leaders and governors.
3) New to Subject Leadership
Face-to-face version - Thursday 7th October 2021 - 9.30 to 11.30 a.m. at West Wakefield Methodist Church
Zoom version - Thursday 7th October 2021 - 1.30 to 3.30 p.m.
This course is suitable for all new subject leaders or teachers who will be taking on this reposnsibility in the near future.
4) Know More, Remember More
Face-to-face version - Friday 8th October 2021 - 9.30 to 11.30 a.m. at West Wakefield Methodist Church
Zoom version - Friday 8th October 2021 - 1.30 to 3.30 p.m.
This course is suitable for senior leaders and teachers.
The following half-day courses have been successfully delivered in 2021; they are now available as 2-hour twilights (see list below):
1) 'Successful Subject Leadership 2021/22 - impact and improvement in your curriculum'
This course has been updated for 2021/22 and is suitable for senior leaders, middle leaders and subject leaders.
This course covers all of the following:
- What should a subject leader be doing?
- How has the Ofsted focus evolved and how might this inform our subject leadership?
- Setting a direction for your subject – what should your vision focus on?
- Writing action plans - good and bad practice
- Why is pupil voice important?
- What do you need to do when? Annual, termly and weekly tasks
- Making an impact and measuring it - systems for monitoring
- Manageability and delegation - how to make an impact and keep a work/life balance
- Taking colleagues with you
- Working with stakeholders
- Working in collaboration - in-house and externally and working with stakeholders
2) 'Succesful Subject Leadership 2 - the practical aspects of improving teaching and learning'
This course is new for 2021 and is suitable for senior leaders, middle leaders and subject leaders.
This course covers all of the following:
- What are successful subject leaders doing?
- What difference are these actions making?
- How do Ofsted inspectors judge if subject leaders are having a positive impact on learning?
- What should subject leaders focus on in developing the design of the curriculum?
- How are subject leaders trying to improve teaching in their subject areas?
- What might subject leaders ask colleagues in a subject audit?
- Which aspects of of the subject should subject leaders focus on in their monitoring?
- What can subject leaders do to continue their own subject development?
- How can staff develop pupil voice?
- What might subject leaders ask pupils about a subject?
- Why should subject leaders develop support staff?
3) 'Developing Scaffolding and Self-Regulation ... to increase pupils' independence and accelerate their learning'
This course has been updated for 2021/22 and is suitable for all staff.
This course has the following objectives:
- To learn more about scaffolding and to understand the scaffolding framework
- To consider the importance of having strong models to support pupils’ learning and growing independence
- To explore the term “learned helplessness” and to consider how adults can make children dependent
- To explore what we need to do in relation to scaffolding to support children’s growing independence, self-regulation and learning
- To reflect on the links between scaffolding and developing pupils’ self-regulation and independence
- To understand the research around the importance of pupils’ ability to self-regulate
Craig's most popular twilight training courses have been:
- 'Successful Subject Leadership - impact and improvement in your curriculum'
- 'Developing Scaffolding and Self-Regulation ... to increase pupils' independence and to accelerate their learning'
- 'Making it as a Middle Leader'
- 'Adult Talk and Pupil Talk'
- 'NQTs - practical approaches for positive results'
- 'Maximising the Impact of Support Staff on Learning'
If you want more details or feedback from previous participants on any of these courses then please contact Craig.